Having grown up in Ecuador and experiencing ER’s outreach to the poorest of the poor first-hand, Rheanna Cline created the following list to encourage everyone to celebrate 20 years of ER Christmas parties in the Quito Dump.
By Rheanna Lea Cline
Through the work of Extreme Response, thousands of people living in extreme situations are experiencing significant life change. With programs and partners in nine countries, ER provides many opportunities to get involved in our life-changing work with at-risk people. Here are a few of those opportunities:
- Tell your friends, coworkers, and family members about us.
- Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter and learn more about what we’re doing around the world at www.extremeresponse.org/newsletter-signup.
- Like us on Facebook.
- Join one of our Christmas Outreach Teams to bring hope to the hopeless during the holidays.
- Bring a few of your friends together to donate $100/month to Safe180 and help a girl rescued from human trafficking stay in a safe home.
- Check out our Changing Lives Blog to read more about the people impacted by our work.
- Become a coach in our Leadership Community to help encourage and inspire developing leaders.
- Donate to our Extreme Women initiative to help us provide education, counseling, intervention, nourishment, medical support, and job training for at-risk women.
- Gather a few friends from your church, school, or business to go on an Extreme Team volunteer trip.
- Consider joining our team as a Career Worker to use your skills and talents for one year or more to help the poor and vulnerable of the world.
- Give $20/month to provide for all of one boy’s needs for a year in our Manila Children’s Home.
- Host your own fundraising event, such as a car wash or bake sale, and send the funds through ER to ensure that those most in need benefit from your efforts.
- Follow us on Instagram.
- Host an informational event at your home with one of our leaders there to speak to your group.
- Shop through AmazonSmile and select ER as your designated charity to have 0.5% of all purchases automatically donated to us.
- Donate a few dollars a month to the Extreme Kids Scholarship Fund to cover the costs for a South African kid to attend and stay in school.
- Send your disaster relief donations to ER and directly impact people affected by the disaster.
- Donate $20/month to provide a Quito Dump Kid with lunch for a full month.
- Collect hygiene items and toys for our Christmas Parties around the world.
- Intern with us for a summer at one of our locations in South America, Africa or Asia.